Information on symptoms, prevention, hygiene, and testing
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) is our recommended source for information regarding COVID 19 and your health. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
State Emergency Mandates and Updates
- New York State .GOV is our recommended source for up-to-date information regarding COVID 19 in New York. Read Governor Cuomo’s 10 Point Plan and list of Essential Businesses. Sign up for email alerts or text COVID to 692692.
- NYC .GOV is our recommended source for up-to-date information regarding COVID 19 in NYC. Find information regarding businesses, schools, testing, and more.
- New Jersey State .GOV is our recommended source for up-to-date information regarding COVID 19 in New Jersey. Find information regarding businesses, schools, testing, FAQs, and more.
Assistance & Guidance for Businesses Impacted Due to Novel Coronavirus
Food pantries and other resources the City:
- Hunger Free NYC: HungerFree NYC publishes “Neighborhood Guides to Food and Assistance”. These guides cover all neighborhoods in NYC by zip code and are available in multiple languages. You can access them here https://www.hungerfreeamerica.org/neighborhood-guides-food-assistance
- Foodbank NYC has an interactive map with providers who have switched to “grab and go” meals and pantry bags to minimize the risk of exposure. https://www.foodbanknyc.org/get-help/
- Prescription Drug Assistance:
- NYS Unemployment Benefits
EMERGENCY RULE REGARDING PRICE GOUGING OF PRODUCTS THAT ARE USED TO TREAT, PREVENT, OR LIMIT THE SPREAD OF COVID 19
HOUSING: AS OF MONDAY MARCH 16, EVICTION PROCEEDINGS AND PENDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED STATEWIDE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Tenants Rights Hotline: 212-979-0611 (English y espanol) or more info
As of Friday March 13, New York utilities have volunteered to suspend utility shut-offs for power, heat and water for all customers.
Free WiFi at home:
- Comcast – offering Essentials internet service designed for low-income families free for 60 days for new qualifying customers. Visit https://www.internetessentials.com/ for more information. Call 1-855-8-INTERNET for set up.
- Spectrum – households with K-12 students can get free Spectrum Wifi for 60 days (including free installation for new customers). Call 1-844-488-8395 for set up.
Free public WiFi:
- Comcast – Xfinity WiFi hotspots will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- AT&T – AT&T is also providing free access to its public WiFi hotspots. Look for “att-wifi” or “attwifi” in the list of available wireless networks from your smartphone or laptop.
Wifi via smartphone:
- Metro PCS, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Comcast are all lifting their unlimited data caps for cell phone subscribers for at least 60 days. Contact your cell phone provider for more information.
- MetroPCS will allow you to add a free 10GB of mobile hotspot per month by adding an add-on service available in the MyMetro app, MyAccount or by calling Care at 611.
- T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile are providing customers an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot/tethering service for the next 60 days coming soon.
ADVOCACY AND ORGANIZING
- Laundromat workers demand Paid Sick in NYC http://chng.it/96xTKrX
- Stop all immigration enforcement from Carlos Menchaca (Twitter, Facebook)
- Detention – letter to ICE: Release All Immigrants At Risk of Coronavirus. Send an email.
- Housing – Suspend Rent/House the Homeless Now – Sign the petition from Housing Justice for All
- Time To Care Coalition New Jersey http://www.njtimetocare.org/NJEECOVID19?fbclid=IwAR2Lg4ErtbUILoiyukfNTSg6i3efTft3tQ-aYWpxsqcBklCz-iEDe0c7t74
- Better Balance signed an agreement with Gov. Cuomo for the state level, but this left out many LWC members since laundromats don’t make 1millon per year and if they do they never report it.
Read more here: https://www.abetterbalance.org/resources/fact-sheet-new-york-states-paid-sick-leave-legislation/
- Food Chain Workers Alliance Statement and Demands http://foodchainworkers.org/2020/03/what-food-workers-on-the-front-lines-need-right-now/